Thursday, January 17, 2013

Getting lost without being lost

Sorry for my absence, school has started back up again and so, I'm working on getting back into the swing of things. I have a lot of fun classes but they all promise to be a challenge for me. On top of all of that tennis conditioning has started up and season will be in full swing in a month or so.
Any way I had the privilege of going on a bit of an "adventure" before break ended and I never had a chance to fill all of you in!! The idea came from the book "How to be an Adventurer of the World" that I dedicated a post to earlier. The instructions were simply to go on a walk and every time you thought, "oh I'll go this way" you had to go the other way. The book explains it as, "getting lost without being lost."
So I set out on my journey to lose myself in my awe of the Maker but still know where I was. It was a tad bit nippy out but I was nice and bundled up! If I saw something I wanted to explore, you can bet I went.
I found myself at a neighborhood park right by one of the pools I worked at this summer. I plowed through snow drifts that met up with my knees and touched everything that was of interest to me.
I'm going to make another reference to Lord of the Rings, just because the movie is that great! In the first movie Frodo quotes Bilbo:
"It's dangerous business Frodo, going out of your door, you step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."
I wasn't swept of to some crazy amazing place and I didn't find anything too amazing either. But I did find something of great importance to me, my sanity. I lost it over break after being constantly surrounded by people. On my walk I was able to connect with myself again! I was able to explore my curiosities without being questioned about what I was doing. I wandered from the beaten path and left my prints in the untouched snow.
I have so many Lord of the Rings references I could use right now but I won't use them. I'll save it all for a LOTR post I just decided I'll make in the future.
I kind of rambled on in this post, I apologize. I will try to start keeping up with posts as well!
So, if all goes as planned, so long until tomorrow!! And hopefully my post is better too!
Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment