Wednesday, April 17, 2013

This is a touchy subject, of that much I am aware.

I recently had to write a paper on my opinion of the very controversial subject of sexual orientation. If you don't agree with my opinion, let me know, I would love to hear other peoples outlooks on this topic.


Gay rights have become a subject that everyone seems to have a opinion on. It seems more and more people are coming out of the closet. In my opinion being sexually involved with the same sex is wrong. I do not agree that same sex marriage should be legalized or given the advantage in workplaces and in society. People are too caught up with being discriminated against these days.
I disagree with same sex marriage simply because the Bible names it to be a sin. It is wrong for a man to lie with another man. At the same time we are all sinners therefore I will love the sinner and not the sin. I am very accepting of the person who is gay, just like Christ would be, but I am sure to make it clear that I do not agree with their sinful nature.
If a person is gay, fine, but if they are sexually involved with someone of the same sex I find it completely unacceptable. Marriage and sexual involvement is for man and woman to enjoy together, not man and man or woman and woman. If this “coming out of the closet” things is kept up at the pace that people are coming out now I can very easily see the population going down causing problems in our society. With the lack of children coming into this world, workplaces would suffer by not having enough workers and the economy would drop at the lack of a work force.
If a person is adamant on being attracted to the same sex then I think there are many ways for them to avoid sin. The Lord says in the Bible that He loves it when a couple gets married and works together to do His will, it pleases Him immensely. But at the same time He admires the person who decides to stay single and dedicate their entire lives to Him. I think the gay person could go down the path of non-marriage. They would not be sexually involved and, just like every other Godly individual they would steal away their minds from adulterous thoughts. They would be sexually pure, and though they would not be completely sinless, none of us really are.
God is a forgiving God who hates sin but loves every single one of us sinners, whether we have given our lives to Him or not. He would not love the gay person's sin of yearning for sexual interaction with people of the same sex, He doesn’t love any of our sexual yearnings.
Basically, I do not support being gay at all. Man and woman were meant to be together, not man and man or woman and woman. I have no problem with being friends with the person, I am by no means “homophobic.” But if I were to ever be friends with a person who was gay or lesbian I would make it known to them that I do not support their being gay. I feel like too many Christians are unkind to people with confused genders and if gays are shunned by people who are supposed to reflect God’s love than the person would not feel any love for Christ.
Recently there was the disagreement between the CEO of Chick-fil-a and gays. The Gay Rights leader sat down and had a couple of talks with the Chick-fil-a CEO. The leader of gay rights said that he did not feel discriminated against by the CEO, they sat down and had great talks and the CEO came to understand the gays side of things and the gay activist learned the CEO’s side of things. They are now reportedly friends.
I think a relationship like this is a great way to treat a person you disagree with. They know that you disagree and you know they don’t feel the same as them but you both understand each other's sides and can look past the differences.
I do not believe that people are born gay, I think it is a choice. This is my opinion and though 
people may not agree with me, I will stick strong to it. Everyone should be loved, despite their sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment