Thursday, December 27, 2012

So, you don't think God is great? Read this.

I've always found it crazy that people don't believe that there is a God. I know there are probably millions of posts out there very similar to how this one is going to be, but Imma do it any way!

I went on a walk this morning. I always enjoy admiring The Lord's creations so I kept my eyes wide open, as not to miss a single thing. Only two humans were spotted on my little adventure and towards the end of the walk my chin was feeling the nip of Jack Frost, despite my giant knitted scarf. Giant snow flakes were drifting to the ground, anxious to kiss old snow hello. As I walked into the wind I was careful to keep my chin tucked against my chest. But as soon as the wind wasn't slapping my face I allowed my curious eyes to wander over the white landscape.
How can a person not believe that there is a God? I mean, the snow flakes. It's said that no two flakes are the same, they are all made with a different design by the hand of God. Crazy, right? It's hard for me to fathom that it's even possible, I mean, how many years has it been snowing? Thousands of years and there is not a single design repeated in any flake. This has to take a lot of creativity, creativity that can only belong to a God who made the earth.
On my walk I also noticed many other things. How the birds still chased each other in circles around trees even though it was freezing and the three squirrels that played tag on the trunk of another tree. Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy that they can play on the trunk of a tree and not fall to the ground? Squirrels were made that way and I'm not going to be one to question how amazing God is. But still people believe that this all exploded into being? Even the simplest things scream, THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE MADE ME!!!
I once read somewhere that bumble bees defy all of scientists expectations. Their body's are supposed to be too big for their wings to support them. Scientifically bees aren't supposed to fly, but they do. If you don't think that is crazy then take a step back and take a different look at it. Bees, though they scare most of us, are mandatory for our living. Bees pollinate plants, so the plant can reproduce. Without a bee's flight nothing would get pollinated, causing plants to wither and die without producing offspring. That would mean no wheat, corn, barley, and any other plant. Everything we eat originates from a plant, no matter how processed. Now you say meat, we can eat meat you silly girl. Well, where does a cow, pig, or any other animal's food come from? That's right, plants. So, without a bee's flight, anything of any kind would not exist. I'm sorry if that doesn't blow your mind, I really am. Let me try once more to blow your mind on this concept. Bee no fly, you no live, no worry, bee do fly. Okay, sorry that was a pathetic attempt at humor. But this really is AMAZING, the bee is not expected to fly but God saw what the world would be like if the bee didn't fly, even though man doesn't seem to think it should be possible, with God all things are possible. Now don't try to tell me that bees morphed into being able to fly, that's silly.
There are so many crazy things that God wove into creation. There are 284 individual muscles in the caterpillar's head. 284 in the head alone. Caterpillar's heads are tiny!! The earth was placed the perfect distance to the sun, a tad bit closer and earth would be way too hot for life to live on, a little further away and it would be too cold. And people think that the earth exploded into the perfect spot. It's okay if you are just as confused as me.
I also looked up some facts about our planet that are crazy. The earth travels at the perfect speed around the sun, about 66,000 miles an hour. Faster and it would be an icy wasteland, slower and we would be pulled toward to sun and would burn up. Also the average distance between the stars within our galaxy is about six light years apart, that's about 36 trillion miles. To me they seem so close together when they shine in the sky. For more facts and to see theses facts visit: http://voices.yahoo.com/10-really-cool-facts-our-universe-5815702.html
I dare you to go on a walk, no matter the weather. I've gone on walks in the rain and snow, and you should too!! It's quite the adventure. Go alone and open your eyes, look around and notice the world around you! Ponder things and watch in awe as the world around you does it's thing. The Creator made this world for you to explore, so go on, get messy and learn about your surroundings!
Happy adventuring,
Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment